Few weeks ago I was said that I did not understand the Middle East situation and so my judgements were not valid. I must say that pissed me off for tow main reasons: first and more important because I try to know what is going on in this crazy world and that hurt my pride. The second reason is that I actually knew I was quite ignorant (mainly because I couldn't find the time to sit down and start reading)... but is different to know than to be told... anyway...
Obviously, there was just one way I could step out the well of ignorance.
Today I've spent six hours reading about: Israel, Palestina (and their conflict), Iran, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, UAE and their politics, main leaders, economics, religion, intern conflicts and anything I could actually find.
My head is about to explote. At some point I was about to take a pencil and some paper just to take notes and be able to keep up with all the information. I didn't. My room was just too far and I knew that if I left my seat, I would either not go back or lose the track. And probably both. So I remained glued to my unconfy kitchen chair (if it were confy I wouldn't have been able to stay focused on the reading...)
I must say that it was been... interesting (not in the British meaning), really constructive, colorful. And as, hopefully, my brain will retain something (I emphazise the HOPEFULLY), I'll be able to go to bed happy since I would be a bit (just a bit) less ignorant than this morning when I woke up.
Bona nit
Tesba7 3la khair
Cap comentari:
Publica un comentari a l'entrada